Design & Build
Restaurant & Bar
2014 Landmark Awards: Retail
Harold’s was opened in 1950 by Harold Wiesenthal on the corner of West 19th and Ashland, and the company closed after operating for 61 years. The building closed in August 2011 and was sold to Braun Enterprises in September 2011.
The former men’s clothing store was redesigned to include three spaces and a fully covered rooftop terrace for dining. Leasing space is Torchy’s Tacos, a popular Austin chain taco restaurant; Emerson Rose, a women’s clothing store; and Heights General Store, which sells a variety of produce and other goods on the first floor and has a restaurant (read more).